Old July 26th 03, 07:06 PM
donut

W7TI wrote in
:

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 13:02:35 GMT, "Robert McCown"
wrote:

Is is a bad thing to hold twin lead 450 ohm feedline in place with
staples? I'm thinking the kind that come from a staple gun or the
insulated ones you drive with a hammer.
If not, should I put the staples through the dielectric or over the
wires? Thanks.
Bob AB0OD

As long as you don't damage the dielectric, it should be ok. I've
installed thousands of feet of twinlead for TV reception using staples
and never had a problem.

For transmitting, you must keep in mind any possible arcing due to
damaged dielectric, but the mere presence of a metallic staple should
not make any difference in SWR or losses.

Ideally, the twin lead should not touch walls. It was always mounted using
those insulated screw-in standoffs.