Old October 2nd 16, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Shortwave Radio - Google News for Saturday 1 October 2016

On Sat, 1 Oct 2016, analogdial wrote:

Google News via rec.radio.info Admin wrote:

Shortwave Radio - Google News

Aliens probably look even weirder than we think - Quartz

http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...than-we-think/

Quartz
Aliens probably look even weirder than we think
Quartz
The two scientists further posited that such aliens would have ´established
a channel of communication that would one day become known to us.¡ Such
alien signals would most likely take the form of shortwave radio, which is
ubiquitous through the ...

They should at least try to keep up. Herman Munster talked to Martians
with his ham radio 50 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqM1xeseX98

But he didn't win an award.

There's actually a cup waiting, has been since the twenties or thirties,
for the first ham to contact mars. I guess it was mostly a joke, on the
other hand back then Mars wsa big in the news, all those canals. And radio
was still developing, going for greater and greater distances, so why not
set ones sights on another planet?

I'm not sure of the exact rules, though.

Michael