Old October 20th 16, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy
VA3QV via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin VA3QV via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin is offline

Default [VA3QV] 2015 RAC Canada Winter Contest Results

VA3QV's Weblog

2015 RAC Canada Winter Contest Results

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2016/10/...ntest-results/

Well till I saw a tweet from @VE6NR* I had kind of forgotten about the
Winter Contest as this year I blew my scheduling and did not have much free
time to spend in the contest.

You might remember that I posted this just after the contest.

They tell us that “its better to give than receive”….

This past weekend I put it to the test and gave out some contacts in the
RAC Canada Winter Contest…

Due to other commitments I was only able to participate for two hours but I
was able to reach out and contact 28 fellow amateurs (21 Canadian and 7 DX)
and give them the “Ontario” Multiplier and my best wishes…

So…

For the record my unsubmitted score will be 224 points X 14 multis for a
total of 3136 points…

My scores have been higher in the past but then I usually can devote more
time to the contest.* This year I just could not do that…

You can find the scores on the RAC website following this link:

There is a saying that goes

you cant win unless you buy a ticket.*

Thats what the lottery agent tells me. *Lets take that a bit further and go
with the saying that you cant win a contest unless you submit your logs. *

Lets use the QRP results*as the example.

Single Operator, All Bands, QRP
Call * *Cdn *RAC *DX * Mlt *= QSO Score

K9OM 180 27 188 58 395 = 157528**

K3TW 118 27 99 56 244 =*107408

KS0MO 128 12 243 30 383 = 60180*

N0LY 112 12 136 36 260 = 58752

VE4VHU 53 12 32 22 97 = 18348* (1st Place*Canada QRP)

WA8REI 57 5 78 22 140 = 18172*

KE0G 63 6 1 23 70 = 17296

KR2AA 41 4 76 19 121 = 12198*

N8XX 41 6 56 19 103 12198

K3HX 45 4 66 17 113 11254*

VE5DLD 31 2 35 20 68 = 8400* (High Score VE5- 2nd place Canada QRP

VE3CBK 27 7 24 13 58 = 5954* (High Score VE3- 3rd place Canada QRP

K8ZT 16 7 0 19 23 = 5700

AB3WS 20 7 8 15 35 5340

WO9B 21 5 45 12 71 4800*

WU0L 16 4 40 10 60 3200*

N9EP 16 1 26 9 43 2088

K0PIR 23 4 28 5 55 1830

VE3HG 12 2 21 7 35 = 1414

IZ3NVR 10 3 17 6 30 1164*

K3MSB 15 1 10 5 26 950

VA6TDG 5 3 6 6 = 14 732* (High Score VE6 QRP)

VA3WR 11 1 5 5 17 = 700

VA3RJ 11 2 9 4 22 = 672

G3YMC 7 0 22 5 29 570*

N9NBC 4 1 0 4 5 240

VA7AD 4 1 26 2 31 = 224* (High Score VE7 QRP)

OK6OK 0 0 104 1 104 208*

SP5XO 4 1 6 2 11 144*

JQ1NGT 0 2 6 2 8 104*

VE6SKY 0 1 0 1 1 = 20

DL1EFW 0 0 8 1 8 16*

UW5IM 1 0 3 1 4 16*

US5VX 1 0 2 1 3 14

YO4AAC 1 0 1 1 2 12*

As I looked at the scores (above) one thing painfully came to mind. If I
had submitted my score my measly 3136 points actually did not look so
bad *I guess the 2 hours that I operated in was one of the better times to
play. *

But as I neglected to submit. *I at least know (from checking the logs I
did not submit) that a few of the highest scores in the contest managed to
get the rare Ontario multi during that time

I guess Ill know better for the next time.. *

I *submitted my logs for the 2016 RAC Canada Day Contest and have cleared
my schedule for the 2016 RAC Canada Winter Contest

And next time Ill buy the ticket.

73bob