Old October 20th 16, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default [VA3QV] 2015 RAC Canada Winter Contest Results

VA3QV's Weblog

2015 RAC Canada Winter Contest Results

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2016/10/...ntest-results/

Well till I saw a tweet from @VE6NR* I had kind of forgotten about the
Winter Contest as this year I blew my scheduling and did not have much free
time to spend in the contest.

You might remember that I posted this just after the contest.

They tell us that “its better to give than receive”….

This past weekend I put it to the test and gave out some contacts in the
RAC Canada Winter Contest…

Due to other commitments I was only able to participate for two hours but I
was able to reach out and contact 28 fellow amateurs (21 Canadian and 7 DX)
and give them the “Ontario” Multiplier and my best wishes…

So…

For the record my unsubmitted score will be 224 points X 14 multis for a
total of 3136 points…

My scores have been higher in the past but then I usually can devote more
time to the contest.* This year I just could not do that…

You can find the scores on the RAC website following this link:

There is a saying that goes

you cant win unless you buy a ticket.*

Thats what the lottery agent tells me. *Lets take that a bit further and go
with the saying that you cant win a contest unless you submit your logs. *

Lets use the QRP results*as the example.

Single Operator, All Bands, QRP
Call * *Cdn *RAC *DX * Mlt *= QSO Score

K9OM 180 27 188 58 395 = 157528**

K3TW 118 27 99 56 244 =*107408

KS0MO 128 12 243 30 383 = 60180*

N0LY 112 12 136 36 260 = 58752

VE4VHU 53 12 32 22 97 = 18348* (1st Place*Canada QRP)

WA8REI 57 5 78 22 140 = 18172*

KE0G 63 6 1 23 70 = 17296

KR2AA 41 4 76 19 121 = 12198*

N8XX 41 6 56 19 103 12198

K3HX 45 4 66 17 113 11254*

VE5DLD 31 2 35 20 68 = 8400* (High Score VE5- 2nd place Canada QRP

VE3CBK 27 7 24 13 58 = 5954* (High Score VE3- 3rd place Canada QRP

K8ZT 16 7 0 19 23 = 5700

AB3WS 20 7 8 15 35 5340

WO9B 21 5 45 12 71 4800*

WU0L 16 4 40 10 60 3200*

N9EP 16 1 26 9 43 2088

K0PIR 23 4 28 5 55 1830

VE3HG 12 2 21 7 35 = 1414

IZ3NVR 10 3 17 6 30 1164*

K3MSB 15 1 10 5 26 950

VA6TDG 5 3 6 6 = 14 732* (High Score VE6 QRP)

VA3WR 11 1 5 5 17 = 700

VA3RJ 11 2 9 4 22 = 672

G3YMC 7 0 22 5 29 570*

N9NBC 4 1 0 4 5 240

VA7AD 4 1 26 2 31 = 224* (High Score VE7 QRP)

OK6OK 0 0 104 1 104 208*

SP5XO 4 1 6 2 11 144*

JQ1NGT 0 2 6 2 8 104*

VE6SKY 0 1 0 1 1 = 20

DL1EFW 0 0 8 1 8 16*

UW5IM 1 0 3 1 4 16*

US5VX 1 0 2 1 3 14

YO4AAC 1 0 1 1 2 12*

As I looked at the scores (above) one thing painfully came to mind. If I
had submitted my score my measly 3136 points actually did not look so
bad *I guess the 2 hours that I operated in was one of the better times to
play. *

But as I neglected to submit. *I at least know (from checking the logs I
did not submit) that a few of the highest scores in the contest managed to
get the rare Ontario multi during that time

I guess Ill know better for the next time.. *

I *submitted my logs for the 2016 RAC Canada Day Contest and have cleared
my schedule for the 2016 RAC Canada Winter Contest

And next time Ill buy the ticket.

73bob

This Weekend: Croatian CW Contest, OK DX RTTY Contest and RAC Winter Contest DxCoffee Dx 0 December 16th 16 05:38 AM
[RAC-Bulletin] RAC Bulletin 2010-041E - Canada Winter Contest 2010 [email protected] Info 0 December 17th 10 03:59 AM
West Coast Winter Frequency for R. Canada Int'l? Blaine Waterman Shortwave 1 November 1st 04 09:24 PM
"RAC Winter Contest 2003" J Tabor Dx 0 December 22nd 03 08:00 PM
"RAC Winter Contest 2003" J Tabor Dx 0 December 22nd 03 08:00 PM