Old January 9th 05, 06:48 PM
john graesser

"beerbarrel" wrote in message
Anyone have a source for a schematic for a 12v around 20 to 30 amp
power supply that makes use of a full wave rectifier? I've found quite
a few for a bridge rectifier but I'm not really sure how to mod them
to use a full wave rectifier. I have a nice 32v 30 amp center tapped
at 16v transformer that I would like to make use of.

Are you mixing things together here?

There are full wave bridges that use a ct transformer and half wave bridges
that use non-ct transformers.

I know of no distiction between bridge rectifiers and full wave rectifiers
other than there can be full wave or half wave rectifiers and there is
usually a disctinction between encapsulated rectifier bridges and ones built
of discrete diodes and resisters.

After running a 32v ct transformer thru a full wave bridge you are going to
have way too much voltage for regulating down to 12v unless you enjoy the
extra heat.

Sounds like you intend to make a linear power supply, what sort of regulator
and pass transitors do you have in mind?
thanks, John.