Old January 14th 05, 04:33 PM
J M Noeding

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:56:45 -0000, "Leon Heller"
wrote:

Hi. Thanks.

If I changed the size that I was prepared to have to 9" x 12" I could get
2
uncoated FR4 (No. 16-21016, 18" x 24"). That comes to £35.84 (postage
included). So each would cost me £4.48. Don't know whether that cheap
or expensive not having bought any laminate before.

Think is, how do I cut this? Anyone developed a cheap solution for
shearing
PCB laminate?

I score it deeply on both sides with a Stanley knife and snap it.

73, Leon

you cut it with plate scissors, and make the pattern with dentist
drill and a steel ruler, the latter is important support since the
dentist drill is almost impossible to steer without 60 degree angle
against the ruler. It improves the operation with a thin leather under
the ruler
Hope I made myself understandable in a foreign language, have some
remarks on my home-page

73
jan-martin
---
J. M. Noeding, LA8AK, N-4623 Kristiansand
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c.htm