Old July 27th 17, 01:12 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roger Hayter Roger Hayter is offline

Default Full wave antennae on 137kHz?

rickman wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote on 7/26/2017 7:39 PM:

snip
It is really not my fault if you use the word converse when you don't
know what it means. The dictionary says that antennas is a second
variant 'especially' used for radio aerials, it certainly doesn't say it
is exclusive usage in this context. Growing popularity is from my own
observation of the literature, antennae is widely used in UK 1930s
publications.

And I do resent pompous ****s who can barely speak English calling *me*
an idiot.

You do realize this is a newsgroup, no? An amateur radio newsgroup at that.
You expect people like these to be respectful?

I'm an optimist living in a constant state of disappointment. But,
seriously, while Gareth is 70 years (and a major war with technical
cooperation on the allied side) too late to get rid of 'antennas', there
is also a respectable history of use of 'antennae' in a radio context,
albeit a dying usage.

--

Roger Hayter