Old August 6th 17, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default Ohmic losses- not microstrip.

ldagan wrote on 8/6/2017 7:17 AM:
Hello all. If we assume that the antenna's surrounding is air, then my
assumption is that dielectric losses for the antenna are rather
negligible. What type of antennas are usually showing higher effect of
ohmic losses?
I mean, I know that reflector antennas are usually little susceptible to
ohmic losses. But some types are not, my assumption would be loop
antennae,
Another thing is attenuation in waveguides. I assume that it would be
the case with many tens of GHZ, for rectangular device. But, as I am
only guessing, as I have been out of the game for long.

Small loop antenna work with large currents and so suffer from ohmic losses
more than many other types.

--

Rick C