Old January 5th 04, 01:08 AM
Robert Casey

Default New Year's Eve Record Set

M. Boker wrote:

Initial assessments from monitoring groups and other observers
indicates a record number of pirates, unlicensed broadcasters,
& intruders took to the airwaves New Year's Eve and New Year's
Day across the U.S.

Today with the Internet with the World Wide Web, it seems pointless to
bother with pirate broadcasting. If I had a message I wanted heard (or
read) I'd set up a web page. If I wanted people to hear my garage band's
music, I could upload the mp3s to that web page. The web page would
be available 24/7 world wide. A pirate station will only have a very
limited
range and time period, and most people interested in your material would
miss it.

Add the fact that the pirate station is rather illegal, the web page would
be the media of choice.