Old December 28th 17, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank[_14_] Frank[_14_] is offline

Default Two Way Radio Gear.

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 12:28:11 -0800, allisellis851 wrote:

+AD4 I have a Samsung Chromebook I use, it has Chrome Operating System. Those
+AD4 sites come up very fast for me. I reckon because Chromebooks are not
+AD4 preloaded with Krap like a lot of computers are. Yep, Bo Gritz, I wonder
+AD4 how he is doing? Chuck Harder used to advertize the Drake radios on his
+AD4 radio show.

OK, so Chuck was selling Drakes? Sounds right. I remember Chuck pushing
the American made American Electrola multiband radio. Geez, he'd talk
about that thing endlessly.

First review of the AE radio I heard was Larry Magne's on RCI or
whatever. Larry sounded like he really wanted to like the thing, it had
some good points, but he said it was noisy and full of intermod products.

That was one review, but I never heard from anyone who liked it. Now
it's a RARE radio.

Maybe I don't have a strong memory of Chuck Harder selling Drakes because
I started mentally tuning out Chuck's radio talk after all his American
Elecrola babble.