Old March 5th 04, 06:28 AM
Brian Kelly

"Don Parker" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:28:47 GMT, Robert Casey wrote:
1Mb over
HF seems unlikely.

For quite a few years, the phoneline networking standard has been
delivering up to 10 Mb/sec by using a residential telephone line
(http://www.homepna.org/products) to carry a fraction of the HF
spectrum.

I couldn't find any modems or other devices in that site which involve
Internet access or even WAN netorking via the power utilities'
existing infrastuctures. Or they went over my head. Kindly clarify if
you will.

1 Mb/sec seems to be *easily* achievable at HF. It's already
been done.

Where? By what means?

The way I understand the matter real-world commercial tests of BPL
have demonstrated (so far) that, for all practical purposes, Internet
access via BPL is delivering only around half the speed common DSL
does for a bunch more dollars per month for a connection.

The $29.95/month cost is just another bait & switch scam, the cost
goes up to around $50/month after a few months for half the speed of
DSL for $30-40/month.

w3rv