Old March 6th 04, 11:18 PM
Brian Kelly

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
"Jim Leder" wrote in message ...

Unfortunately I agree. There is simply too much money backing BPL. The best
we can hope for is to slow it down or at least apply enough pressure that
the industry finds a way to clean it up. As it stands now, amateur radio as
we know it is in grave danger.

Guys...the trick here is to get organized clubs to start placing
informational ads in local papers and other media to INFORM the public
of exactly what harm BPL will bring. Yeah...it's gonna cost some
bucks, but what's it worth to you to keep this crap at bay...?!?!

They ALSO need to be informed that since this is a Part 15
program they are afforded NO PROTECTION from interferene from ANY
licensed radiator.

I think that's already an FCC requirement Steve. Somewhere somebody
recently mentioned that warnings like that are required to be printed
in the instruction sheets which come with Part 15 wireless devices.
'Course the last thing anybody does when plugging widgets in and
firing 'em up is read the instructions.

Lastly, we need to get the ARRL to start lobbying Congress to
mandate an informational insert in any BPL-accessing device informing
the consumer of exactly what Part 15 means and what the consumer can
expect.

73

Steve, K4YZ

w3rv