Old May 1st 18, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Kenwood TS-450s

In article ,
wrote:

My 450 starts sending Morse code letters U & L as soon as I power it up
master reset does not fix the problem and the only time it will stop is
momentarily when I change frequencies then it starts back up again. Has
anyone encountered this problem and can anyone point me in the right
direction to troubleshoot it? Thank you Sam in Colorado.

N0KEI-

While I haven't had that exact problem, I have had something similar.
It turned out that the rig was set for an automatic key but a simple key
was plugged in. The result was that one side of the automatic key input
was grounded by the single circuit key plug.

In my case, the keyed tones could be generated in modes other than CW,
even though the transmitter did not get keyed.

Fred
K4DII