Old May 9th 04, 02:15 AM
Dave

I don't think it will ever really go away completely. It will be a legacy
mode forever to some one/groups. Just like AM phone is today. And as

long
as ham radio is on HF, it will be there.

Yeah, you're probably right. I think to a large extent it's already getting
that
way. I notice the same folks on the bands much more so than when I was a
kid. I almost never ran into the same ham ever again. But now I can almost
every night hear someone I have have worked. So yes, the pool of 'diehards'
is there!

I have run into several young people that are into CW. One recently that
was Extra at 11, and is now running serious CW. She got ahold of me on

the
internet for a sked for this state (AL) that she needed for 5BWAS.

Wow! That's great. More power to her.

Dave