Old July 21st 18, 04:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jimbo in Bracknell .... Jimbo in Bracknell .... is offline

Default 50 years' Vapourware : To whom it may concern, "Particulars Withheld"

"Gareth's Downstairs Computer"
wrote in message
news
After a hiatus of many months (years, even) I am resuming
the now 53 year old dream of my own comms RX in the old style,
although this time I am buying off-the-shelf gears (actually
fairly cheap via amazon*****) instead of cutting my own.

So, whoever you are or were, once again, many thanks for
the free gift of the 4-gang 500pF condenser, a gift for
which I remain grateful and which generosity I had not forgotten.

So, in the first instance I will be producing an ersatz
chinky copy of the Eddystone 898 tuning dial, something
which we homebrewers would salivat over in the 1960s

73 de Gareth G4SDW (ne G8DXY) GQRP #3339

*****HPC Gears used to be the preferred source for Brit.

I wouldn't bother...