Old August 15th 18, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default wire that heat strips insulation

Where can I buy some small wire ( about # 28 to 30 ) that has the enamel
type of insulation that can be soldered and the heat will melt the
insulation ? There was some on ebay I bought that did not seem to work.
After checking it out, it seems that it needs to be heated to almost 400
deg C and when I tried that, it did not do all that well.

I would like it to melt out with a more normal 300 deg C or so iron.

The object is to use it on a circuit board to build small projects.