Old November 25th 04, 03:23 PM
Dr.Ace

I have made HF contacts while using a KW Kan dummy load as an antenna.
I was doing some Transceiver alignment while transmitting into the dummy
load and to my surprise when I unkeyed, I had a station calling me.
I know people who have made HF contacts while using bed springs or a piece
of aluminum foil as an antenna.
I always thought an aluminum ladder would make a great vertical especially
with a few ground radials under it.
Ace - www.WH2T.com

"J999w" wrote in message
Just to prove a point, I have used a lawnchair, and a metal garbage can,
to make HF contacts. If you really want to get on the air, you can.

My record is 6 miles on 80 meters with a six inch wire end loaded with a
soda
can (too young at the time to get a beer can easily).

jw
k9rzz