Old November 28th 04, 09:00 AM
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

In article t,
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

However, there is a viable alternative to ''running split''. That is
selecting the calling stations by number (in their callsigh), or areas of
the world, i.e. US Only, VE only, etc.

However this requires the calling stations to PAY ATTENTION. Which
apparantly is a rare commidity, especially amongt the US Stations.

While working split is no replacement for good operating practice, on phone
it's necessary on 80 and 40 meters for east-west dx. I don't have a choice,
I can only transmit on 7000-7100, and while I can do it anywhere in that
band, the low end is full of CW and 7070 up is full of digital signals.

So the best place for me to call CQ is around 7050, but US hams cannot
answer me. I have to "listen up" for you guys.

20 and 10 meters are the same here as the US, so I don't have the problem.
The problem that I have is that except for contest weekends nobody seems
to be out there. :-(

Geoff. (N3OWJ/4X1GM)

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem Israel
IL Voice: 972-544-608-069 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838