Old January 19th 20, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Clip leads

In article ,
Bob Liesen wrote:

Hi gang,
I am looking for a source of good quality clip leads. In the day, I would
get them at Radio Shack. They were 12-18 inches long and had small
alligator style clips with plastic hoods at each end.

The last few times I have bought them (mainly at our now closed ham radio
store)
They have been ones with two fatal flaws. The plastic hoods are made of a
material that when squeezed slips and slides between the fingers making
opening the jaw of the clip almost impossible.

The other issue is worse. After a few attempts at using them the two jaws
making up the clip splay out sideways making connecting to something truly
impossible.

I don't want to waste more $$ on this type. Anyone know of a good source?

Bob-

Make your own. I think you can get better quality wire and alligator or
crocodile clips at the big wholesale houses like Allied or Newark.

Fred