Old January 19th 20, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Clip leads

Hi gang,
I am looking for a source of good quality clip leads. In the day, I would get them at Radio Shack. They were 12-18 inches long and had small alligator style clips with plastic hoods at each end.

The last few times I have bought them (mainly at our now closed ham radio store)
They have been ones with two fatal flaws. The plastic hoods are made of a material that when squeezed slips and slides between the fingers making opening the jaw of the clip almost impossible.

The other issue is worse. After a few attempts at using them the two jaws making up the clip splay out sideways making connecting to something truly impossible.

I don't want to waste more $$ on this type. Anyone know of a good source?

Tnx
Bob WB0POQ
Old January 19th 20, 02:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In article ,
Bob Liesen wrote:

Hi gang,
I am looking for a source of good quality clip leads. In the day, I would
get them at Radio Shack. They were 12-18 inches long and had small
alligator style clips with plastic hoods at each end.

The last few times I have bought them (mainly at our now closed ham radio
store)
They have been ones with two fatal flaws. The plastic hoods are made of a
material that when squeezed slips and slides between the fingers making
opening the jaw of the clip almost impossible.

The other issue is worse. After a few attempts at using them the two jaws
making up the clip splay out sideways making connecting to something truly
impossible.

I don't want to waste more $$ on this type. Anyone know of a good source?

Bob-

Make your own. I think you can get better quality wire and alligator or
crocodile clips at the big wholesale houses like Allied or Newark.

Fred
Old January 19th 20, 11:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 19/01/2020 00:01, Bob Liesen wrote:
Hi gang,
I am looking for a source of good quality clip leads. In the day, I would get them at Radio Shack. They were 12-18 inches long and had small alligator style clips with plastic hoods at each end.

The last few times I have bought them (mainly at our now closed ham radio store)
They have been ones with two fatal flaws. The plastic hoods are made of a material that when squeezed slips and slides between the fingers making opening the jaw of the clip almost impossible.

The other issue is worse. After a few attempts at using them the two jaws making up the clip splay out sideways making connecting to something truly impossible.

I don't want to waste more $$ on this type. Anyone know of a good source?

Tnx
Bob WB0POQ

You probably will be finding good ones at the Chinese e-retailer
Banggood.com if not try AliExpress.com

Frank EI7KS
Old January 19th 20, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 11:36:25 +0000, wicklowham wrote:
[...]

One of my Go-To sources is Marlin P Jones: https://www.mpja.com/

Since you never disclosed your QTH, you're liable to get suggestions of
outlets you cannot easily do business with. Your call and your
reference to Radio Shack leads me to believe your QTH is probably USA.
Marlin P Jones is USA.

73
Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ.net | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | FreeBSD

using a chip-clip on PLL's sean CB 8 December 5th 08 08:13 AM
Diff between xtal with 3 leads vs. 2 leads? C Homebrew 4 June 5th 06 06:05 PM
clip to? Lisa Simpson Shortwave 3 January 14th 06 03:03 AM
Ground Clip Bart25 Homebrew 0 September 2nd 03 02:28 PM
Ground Clip Bart25 Homebrew 0 September 2nd 03 02:28 PM