Old July 7th 03, 12:59 AM
Mike Coslo

"Dick Carroll;" writes:

Len wrote:

You define "limited interest in CW" to be "limited interest in ARS"
because you define ARS as inherently including CW. Since that's the
topic under discussion, you are begging the question.

NO, that's not the topic under discussion. The topic under discussion was
the REQUIREMENTS for licensing, whatever they might be.

Let's run through this slowly. The question is whether the CW
component of the ARS licensure requirement should be kept. (I say
yes.)

Ahh, there the problem is! At some point in the dark past, I mentioned
that I thought that a person who was interested in the ARS would take
whatever tests thrown at them. I noted at the time that this was a
separate issue from whether the Morse test should be kept or not.

To me it just seemed logical and a little obvious. We have a person or
two here who say they refuse to get a license or advanced license
because of the Morse code test. I have a really hard time concluding
that they have more of an interest in Amateur radio than those who do
take the tests.

note: no one has to become a ham, no one has to become a General or Extra.

- Mike KB3EIA -