Old July 8th 03, 08:01 AM
Leland C. Scott

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

And there you have one of the more interesting

dilemmas to the ARS.

Is a brand new Extra, who has never been on HF,

even accept Elmering?
Or will they insist that the conventions that

have been developed over
the years are not applicable to them.

That depends on how many existing Hams on HF take
a crappy attitude towards the upgraded newcomers
on the bands. After seeing the poor attitudes
shown by several of the more frequent posters on
this news group over restructuring etc., I
wouldn't let them near a radio, with or with out a
code key. They are a perfect example of what Ham
Radio is not all about. On the other hand the only
good thing about them is many are old timers, who
if we wait long enough will be SK's, then we can
get on with things without the name calling etc.
The only choices they have is either go with the
flow, get out of the way, or get run over by the
changes. Rolling back the clock is not an option.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

ARRL Member