Old May 25th 20, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
[email protected] bigradios@bigradios.com is offline

Default HIGH SWR

On Sun, 24 May 2020 18:44:56 GMT
"C B. Help Line" wrote:

eddie nazario wrote in
:

hello All 7351 to everyone, i just purchased a Ranger RCI2970N4 i
got my antenna (used) Wilson 5000 and on my radio FM has Good very
good SWR's but when i switch to AM i have high SWR's, my question
is since FM swrs are good , its still ok to use on AM ?

Hi Eddie, radio needs cleaning.

This is a know problem with the Ranger RCI2970N4. What you need to do
is remove the radio from the 12 volt power supply and plug it
directly into a wall outlet (110 volts.) This should blow the
cob-webs out of the radio and blow out a few other things too.

When you see smoke, clean-up is complete. Disconnet from power.

P.S. Don't touch the antenna during the cleaning process.

Good question, happy to help.

CB Tech

Dont listen to this faggot he sucks dicks