Old November 1st 20, 09:28 PM
Von Klauss Von Klauss is offline
Junior Member

Default How to repair electrodynamic speaker

Hello bobby
KC9IHK
These types of speakers can be repaired with some patience and a lot of time.

I repair them easily, replacing the main coil that forms the speaker's magnetic field and also works as a filtering coil in the power supply, additionally I replace the "anti-hum" coil and the small coil of the speaker's cone. I replaced the old broken paper cone with another one with better characteristics.

Attached I am sending you some photographs of the step by step.
It could help you if you decide to carry out this repair, finally everything works very well and the vintage radio will not lose its authenticity and originality.

regards.

Von Klauss

Last edited by Von Klauss : November 1st 20 at 10:02 PM