Old July 24th 03, 01:54 AM
Jon Bloom

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:11:25 -0400, Brian wrote:

Jon Bloom wrote in message
g...

But as you point out, nobody really knows what "operate" means in this
case. For example, if a person's entire use of Morse code is to copy
repeater IDs, which they do by laboriously copying down the dots and
dashes and then looking up the letters in a table, is that "operation"
of Morse? The survey doesn't say.

Hmmmm. Are you saying that the "Operate CW" numbers are inflated?

No, I'm saying the survey measures the respondents opinions of their own
levels of activity. What that means in objective terms is something on
which you're free to speculate, although I can't imagine what useful
result would obtain from such speculations.

Jon