Old January 20th 04, 10:39 PM
Steve Nosko

OK Bill. It seems that it is easy to go OT. I think the value here is to
comment within the original poster's arena. I do my best to keep within the
arena defined by the OP so the OP gets the most value from the feedback, but
it is easy to get going on a tangential theoretical direction when the
subject is personally interesting. Do it often.

'gards, Steve

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:01:01 -0600, "Steve Nosko"
wrote:

OK, nice to know, but I thought the OP was questioning using separate
resistors. OR did I miss the implication that the idea was to wind

his/her
own?

Yes, the original poster was contemplating using two separate resistors
of opposite winding direction. That was NOT what I was responding to.

The post I was responding to said: "a CW coil won't somehow subtract
the inductance of a CCW coil." That post didn't mention separate
resistors and taken by itself is incorrect. That technique has been
used successfully for decades.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Bill, W6WRT