Old January 20th 04, 07:20 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

I should have mentioned that these resistors come in transistor packages,
and need to be heat sinked. The Mouser catalog shows dissipation curves. For
instance, at 100 C, the resistor is good for about 1/2 of the rated Wattage.

Tam/WB2TT
"Tarmo Tammaru" wrote in message
www.mouser.com sell Caddock non inductive resistors. The 100 W are about

$10
ea in onses.

Tam/WB2TT

Old January 20th 04, 10:39 PM
Steve Nosko

OK Bill. It seems that it is easy to go OT. I think the value here is to
comment within the original poster's arena. I do my best to keep within the
arena defined by the OP so the OP gets the most value from the feedback, but
it is easy to get going on a tangential theoretical direction when the
subject is personally interesting. Do it often.

'gards, Steve

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:01:01 -0600, "Steve Nosko"
wrote:

OK, nice to know, but I thought the OP was questioning using separate
resistors. OR did I miss the implication that the idea was to wind

his/her
own?

Yes, the original poster was contemplating using two separate resistors
of opposite winding direction. That was NOT what I was responding to.

The post I was responding to said: "a CW coil won't somehow subtract
the inductance of a CCW coil." That post didn't mention separate
resistors and taken by itself is incorrect. That technique has been
used successfully for decades.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
Bill, W6WRT