Old January 22nd 04, 05:35 PM
Arrow146

If that is true, then there is no such thing as a 5/8 wave antenna. They
would be 3/4 wave antennas.

since when does 5/8 = 3/4 ?
last time I checked, 3/4 = 6/8

Sense always.
A two meter 5/8 wave length (48") whip does not work
very well. A 3/4 wave length whip will tune
up fine (low SWR) but has a very high angle
of radiation, still does not work well.

Take 1/8 wave (about 9 1/2 inches) of the
3/4 wave and turn it into a coil. And you
end up with an antenna about 48" tall that works
real well. (5/8 wave = 48")

I guess if you want to follow the CB Hipe about
antennas, it's up to you.

You think a 3 ft. 11 meter antenna that claims to
be of 5/8 wave antenna, works like a true 5/8 wave
length Antenna - - I think I will stop here.

I have a lot more important things I should be doing.
Arrow Antenna lost its lease on our building, wo we
had to move. I have a lot of equipment to get hooked
up again so we can get back into the production of
real antennas.

73 Al Lowe N0IMW
ArrowAntenna.com
911 East Fox Farm Road. #2