Old August 13th 03, 09:46 PM
Radio Amateur KC2HMZ

On 12 Aug 2003 23:40:10 GMT, (N2EY) wrote:

Here's the definition anyway:

QFU? - What is the magnetic direction (or number) of the runway to be used?

QFU - The magnetic direction (or number) of the runway to be used is ...

I've never heard that on the ham bands, though.

I've never heard it on the aeronautical bands, either, even though
that's obviously the intended application of that particular Q-signal.
That's a relic from days long forgotten. Today they get that info from
ATIS before they even contact approach control.

73 DE John, KC2HMZ
"Advise on initial contact you have information Lima."