Old January 25th 04, 03:26 AM
'Doc

All that I know about this particular tower is what I've
seen on the website given. I think raising the tower sections
in this way is a pretty 'niffy' idea. As for the rest of the
tower, it seems like just another 'square' tower with something
like the 'hazer' added. Nothing wrong with it as far as I could
see, but also not really anything 'special'.
As Cecil said, any 'free standing' tower needs to have a very
good (and large) base under it. Of course, that depends a lot
on
the type of soil it's in, but compared to a guyed tower in the
same 'dirt', get ready for a suprise when you find out just how
big that base has to be (then hang on to your wallet).
I think the 'unsafe' guys in the advertising is a bit much.
Sure, guys are not something to play on/around, and you do have
pay attention so that you don't 'clothes line' your self, but
are
they as 'unsafe' as implied? I doubt it. At least, not if they
are done right.
Can't say it isn't a nice tower, but I think you could do
just
as well with another brand at a much cheaper total price. Then
again,
I didn't see a price...
'Doc