Old September 15th 03, 07:24 PM
Clint

"Dick Carroll" wrote in message

Clint wrote:
I'm sorry but that is YOUR oppinion. What counts is the decision of

those in
authority, namely the FCC.

Son, you might want to learn somewhere along the way that opinion is

sometimes
congruent with fact, sometimes not.

I. you're not my father, do not call me son.
II. the second part of your remark has not the slightest shred of relavance
to anything.

No matter what the FCC says or does, it can't alter facts.

You are so correct. However, what it DOES is make rules and laws. Therefore,
if they make a rule that code practical tests are no longer valid nor
necissary
to aquire a ham radio license, then the bottom line is that there will not
be
any further code tests. It is YOUR oppinion that somebody is not a fully
qualified ham without code testing. It is FACT that they are a fully
qualified
ham in the eyes of the FCC if they meet all the requirements the FCC sets
forth; now, THAT is a fact.

And nowhere have
they ever said that a no-code license is a fully qualified ham.

excuse me? then what is the little piece of paper your issued with a
callsign
when you meet all the requirements set forth by the FCC to acquire one?

In fact, the
retired Chief of the Amateur and Citizen's Division of FCC (now called

something
else) stated in his comments on the NCVEC pettion
(which BTW he helped write) that it was an oxymoron to expect an Extra

class
ham to be a expert on ham radio if he doesn't know Morse code.

and that is the RETIRED chief's oppinion.

the oppinions of the current members of the FCC are what counts. Not his.

Thus he supports
a code test for Extras.

and he's retired, and no longer a voting member of the FCC.

Which can't change facts. Facts are immutable.

yes, like it is a fact that the FCC makes the laws regarding the
use of ham radio bands and the requirements to do so. NOT
retired members.

Live with it. Any ham not able
to operate CW is simply and factually not fully qualified.

that is your oppinion.

I tell you what; next time you're operating a motor vehicle, drive
as fast as you can... I mean pedal to the medal; do over 100mph
if you can. when a policeman pulls you over and hands you
a ticket, then tell him "I am driving at a perfectly safe speed for my
skills. Your oppinion and that of the judge that I am about to have
to go in front of are not relavant. It is an immutable fact that
a driver is not a good driver unless he can do 100 without wrecking,
which I did. That's a fact, and you can't do anything about it."

and just see what happens.

Clint
KB5ZHT
a code-tested ham who, regardless of the fact, does not believe
in code testing.