Old September 21st 03, 07:28 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article ,
(Brian Kelly) writes:

"Brian Kelly" wrote:

'Scuse me but the this newsgroup is a direct spin-off
from another group (dot misc?) some number of years
ago *specifically* as the place to go for debating the
code test issue. (snip)

Where did you find that information? I've seen no mention of it anywhere
else.

The spin-off happened in the mid-90's give or take, long before I got
into this funny farm and it's come up several times since but I can't
cite any specific posts. Larry is probably one of the "originals", you
might ask him.

Brian/Dwight:

This newsgroup got it's start in the early '90's when the code/no-code
debate became an off-topic annoyance in the rec.radio.amateur and
rec.radio.amateur.misc newsgroups. It was therefore decided to make
this newsgroup the repository for the code/no-code debate, as well
as any other inherently contentious amateur radio "policy" issues. In
short, a place for those who will never agree to freely disagree,
without the inconvenience of being bothered by the objections of
those who couldn't care less.

73 de Larry, K3LT