Old September 19th 03, 10:40 AM
charlesb

Default Appalling...

"Greg Courville" wrote in
message om...

It's really shocking how people can start an argument over nothing
which can escalate to vicious strings of insults complete with
profanity, sexual references and terms such as "CBplusser" and
"Knuckle-Dragger".

Worst of all is how almost everything degenerates into a code/nocode debate,
sooner or later.

Utterly disgusting!

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Old September 20th 03, 02:43 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Brian Kelly" wrote:

'Scuse me but the this newsgroup is a direct spin-off
from another group (dot misc?) some number of years
ago *specifically* as the place to go for debating the
code test issue. (snip)

Where did you find that information? I've seen no mention of it anywhere
else.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old September 20th 03, 11:03 PM
Brian Kelly

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message thlink.net...
"Brian Kelly" wrote:

'Scuse me but the this newsgroup is a direct spin-off
from another group (dot misc?) some number of years
ago *specifically* as the place to go for debating the
code test issue. (snip)

Where did you find that information? I've seen no mention of it anywhere
else.

The spin-off happened in the mid-90's give or take, long before I got
into this funny farm and it's come up several times since but I can't
cite any specific posts. Larry is probably one of the "originals", you
might ask him.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

w3rv

Appalling... Gorilla Bananna General 3 September 20th 03 03:18 PM
Appalling... Greg Courville Policy 1 September 19th 03 11:53 PM