Old January 29th 04, 03:19 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

Cecil and Yuri have been uncharacteristically silent, at least about
this thread since I started it. Frankly I expected some flak.

Regards,

Wes

Howdy anteneers,
I have been characteristically absent from the freezing NE, enjoying Bahama
Mammas near Nassau, shaking off cold or flu, operating as C6AYB in CQ 160m
contest (beat world Low Power world record) with IC706 and piece of wire in the
form of Half Sloper from the balcony down to a palm tree and getting some badly
needed tan for my sickly pale complexion. Sorry for missing some of the coil
battles.

As far as flak, I glanced over the mentioned paper and deducted that relates to
some calculated "facts" rather than measured. So far I have concluded that we
have reached point of (dis)agreement between two sides, and as I mentioned,
there is not much point in arguing. W8JI tried to prove his "truth," only to
measure differences in coil current (not showing details about the setup) and
while insisting he is right, proving that he is wrong. As I mentioned, weather
permitting, I will do more measurements, describe them in an article. In the
mean time, if anyone else made the measurements, please describe them along
with the description of setup (length of radiator parts, placements of coil,
frequencies, etc.) Otherwise, you have to patient until I get around doing it,
I have life and priorities outside of NG.

I started reading Marc Seifer book "Wizard" - The life and times of Nikola
Tesla, fascinating insight and chronology of this greatest engineering genius
and the hurdles he had to overcome from the flat earth society.

73 Yuri, K3BU