Old October 4th 03, 01:12 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message ...

N2EY wrote:
In article , "Clint" rattlehead at
computron dot net writes:

When they drop the morse code test requirement, it's
fairly clear to me they just won't "drop" it all by
itself with a stroke of an administrative pen;

Why not? That's all that most of the anticodetest petitions are asking

for.
Both the NCI and NCVEC petitions simply ask for the dropping of Element

1 and
nothing else.

I don't think it can work by "just" dropping the test. Too many loos
ends. Tech plus, novices, that kind of thing.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Actually it would work quite easily. Everyone keeps their current
privileges except that all varieties of Techs are combined to one class of
Tech with the privileges of the Tech with HF.

However, as you know I think they ought to keep the code test.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE