Old August 13th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Moving again... have to make a new antenna (sigh)

All,

My family is having to move again.... The place I am moving to is on
the edge
of a circular trailer part, surrounded by a metal fence about 1 mile in
circumference.

On the other side of the fence is an effectively infinite backlot
studded with
6 to 9 foot mesquite trees.

This time I am not allowed to get the antenna up any higher than the
fence or
the mesquite trees. However, length is a definite possibility?

Any suggestions for making the most of this situation for low-angle DX
on 40 or 20?

Thanks in advance,

The Eternal Squire

Old August 14th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

An end fed long wire is your only possibility given the rules you set
forth... A 5 to 10 wavelength wire should help... Model it or look in
the antenna handbook for the patterns...

However, my "beat the rules instinct" kicks in... What is to stop you
from running open wire line a quarter mile out to a vertical? Even if
you have to go out after dark and stand the vertical up and take it
down at dawn, eh!

denny

Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
Question is 'it' a Longwire {Random Wire} Antenna -or- Inverted "L" Antenna ? RHF Shortwave 5 November 6th 05 04:52 AM
WHY - The simple Random Wire Antenna is better than the Dipole Antenna for the Shortwave Listener (SWL) RHF Shortwave 15 September 13th 05 08:28 AM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 09:36 AM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 03:01 PM