Old August 13th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default dB Products-Type Antenna Identification

Among the stuff my neighbor left behind when moved out were two
antennas. Each looks like a dBProducts 4-bay VHF array. Can anyone
tell me how I can tell from the measurements what frequency these
might be designed for? Also, is is possible to change the resonant
frequency on this type of folded-dipole antenna?

Thanks,
Ed - N5KZW
Old August 13th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Try search under ANDREW, or Decibel Products.
sounds like you have the 222 series (4 folded
dipoles stacked either in the same plane, or in
4 different directions. Tho doubtful that you
can change resonant freq, most likely with what
you have will be entirely adiquate for a band, even
10-20 MHz from its design frequency (these are
fairly broadband devices. As info, Jim NN7K

Old August 13th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ed Bailen" wrote in message
Among the stuff my neighbor left behind when moved out were two
antennas. Each looks like a dB Products 4-bay VHF array. Can anyone
tell me how I can tell from the measurements what frequency these
might be designed for? Also, is possible to change the resonant
frequency on this type of folded-dipole antenna?

Thanks,
Ed - N5KZW

Decibel Products is famous for their DB-224's, a four bay folded dipole
array for VHF hi-band (and the 2-meter ham band) and DB-420's, a 16 bay
folded dipole array for UHF (also the 440 MHz ham band).

Product catalog
http://www.rollanet.org/~rrars/db224.pdf

DB-224 Installation Instructions
http://www.repeater-builder.com/db/d...tion-sheet.pdf

READ CONVERSION OF DB-224 antennas TO HAM BANDS AT BOTTOM

Andrew Corporation has the product literature for Decibel Products (which
they purchased)
http://www.andrew.com/products/anten...a/DB224-E.aspx
http://www.andrew.com/products/anten...ollateral.ascx

You can view products on the WISCO web page
http://www.wiscointl.com/decibel/index.htm
http://www.wiscointl.com/decibel/dipoles/db224.htm

What are the measurements that you have?
Possible candidate models (dB's 4-bay products)

ASPA712 BASE ANTENNA - 4 Bay dipole VHF antenna, 150-160MHz, 6dB gain omni,
9dB directional, 500 watts. N male termination, 39lb, 22.67' long, truck
shippable, hardware supplied.

ASPB602 - 4 Bay VHF dipole antenna, 144-162MHz, 6dB gain omni, 9dB
directional, 500 watts. N male termination, truck shippable, hardware
supplied.

DB224-x 4 element broadband VHF dipole antenna.
500 watts, 6dB omni, 9dB offset gain. Harness with N male termination and
mounting hardware.
place letter below in "x" suffix above

"A" version - 150-160 MHz
"B" version - 155-165 MHz
"C" version - 164-174 MHz
"E" version - 138-150 MHz
"JJ" version - 220-222 MHz

There is also a DB224E-x series (4 element elliptical broadband VHF dipole
antenna with offset pattern)

Reviews
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2083

Modify a 150-160 MHz DB-222 or DB-224 for the ham band --
http://www.w4dex.com/kc4fwc/modify.htm

w9gb

Old August 13th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jim - NN7K" wrote in message
. ..
Try search under ANDREW, or Decibel Products. It sounds like you have the
222 series (4 folded dipoles stacked either in the same plane, or in
4 different directions. Though doubtful that you can change resonant
freq, most likely with what you have will be entirely adequate for a band,
even 10-20 MHz from its design frequency
these models are fairly broadband antennas. As info, Jim NN7K

Modify a 150-160 MHz DB-222 or DB-224 for the 2-meter ham band usage
(w/photos) --
http://www.w4dex.com/kc4fwc/modify.htm

The Shortwave Antenna used determines the type of Matching Transformer RHF Shortwave 13 May 14th 06 10:50 PM
Outside Antenna Rikk Shortwave 25 March 6th 06 06:53 PM
WHY - The simple Random Wire Antenna is better than the Dipole Antenna for the Shortwave Listener (SWL) RHF Shortwave 15 September 13th 05 08:28 AM