Old August 15th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Tom is offline

Default license renewal

My license is up for renewal in November. I got a letter from an outfit in
Texas wanting $7 to renew it. I thought one could renew their license for
free over the internet.

Old August 15th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

See URL:
http://www.fcc.gov/Forms/Form605/605.html

Have fun
CL

m...

Old August 15th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Tom wrote:
My license is up for renewal in November. I got a letter from an outfit in
Texas wanting $7 to renew it. I thought one could renew their license for
free over the internet.

You can.

Dave WD9BDZ
Old August 15th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Ed is offline

"Tom" wrote in
m:

My license is up for renewal in November. I got a letter from an
outfit in Texas wanting $7 to renew it. I thought one could renew
their license for free over the internet.

You can. Some hams find it a bit difficult to use the FCC Licensing
website . In such cases, organizations like the W5YI Group can make it
easier for you if you want to just pay their fee.

Ed K7AAT
Old August 15th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Tom wrote:

My license is up for renewal in November. I got a letter from an outfit in
Texas wanting $7 to renew it. I thought one could renew their license for
free over the internet.

Yep!

And, you can pay someone to do it for you!

And, if you are an ARRL member they will also do it for you.

Old August 15th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:48:49 -0500, "Tom" wrote:

My license is up for renewal in November. I got a letter from an outfit in
Texas wanting $7 to renew it. I thought one could renew their license for
free over the internet.

What I did to renew mine:

Go to the FCC website. Find the section on renewing amateur licenses.
You can download form 610. What's easier, tho', just call the FCC
phone number they give you, tell them you're renewing, the next day or
so you will find form 610 and all instructions in your mailbox, free
of charge. Fill the stuff out and send it in.

The FCC may have a minor charge for renewing, I forget.

If you've changed your address since getting your license, you may
have to register the new address with the FCC before renewing. You can
do only one thing at a time on form 610, as I recall.

bob
k5qwg
Old August 15th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave wrote:

Tom wrote:

My license is up for renewal in November. I got a letter from an outfit in
Texas wanting $7 to renew it. I thought one could renew their license for
free over the internet.

Yep!

And, you can pay someone to do it for you!

And, if you are an ARRL member they will also do it for you.

Soon you'll be able to get someone to write your ticket for you,
or print your own online!
--
--------------------------------------
Visit my HomePage at http://members.shaw.ca/finkirv/index.html
Old August 15th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Irv Finkleman wrote:

Dave wrote:

REDACTED

Soon you'll be able to get someone to write your ticket for you,
or print your own online!

Gee! I'd like my new callsign to begin with my initials followed by my Postal
Zip Code [all 9 digits].

Imagine a CW contact that ends a CQ with ... DJS032752112! Now that would be
unique.

That would really be something when I'm sending my lass 9!!

:-)

Old August 15th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Bob Miller wrote:

REDACTED

If you've changed your address since getting your license, you may
have to register the new address with the FCC before renewing. You can
do only one thing at a time on form 610, as I recall.

bob
k5qwg

For a change of address simply go to the FCC web site, open your FRN and make
the changes online in 1 minute or less depending on typing speed. Within a week
the USPS will deliver an updated license for no charge.

Old August 15th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Tom wrote:
My license is up for renewal in November. I got a letter from an outfit in
Texas wanting $7 to renew it. I thought one could renew their license for
free over the internet.

The license renewal process is covered in the No Code Technician exam.

I'm becoming an advocate of dropping paperwork-only renewals every ten years
in favor of retesting every five.

Glen, kc0iyt

Response to "21st Century" Part Two (Communicator License) N2EY Policy 0 November 30th 03 01:28 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
ATTN: Tech Licensee USA Morse Code Freedom Day is August 1st Dwight Stewart Policy 300 August 12th 03 12:25 AM
Hey CBers Help Get rid of Morse Code Test and Requirement Scott Unit 69 Policy 9 August 1st 03 02:08 AM
Hey CBers Help Get rid of Morse Code Test and Requirement ROLDAIGNAULT CB 22 July 31st 03 12:54 AM