Old October 7th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Rhombics

"You" wrote in message
In article ,
Cecil Moore wrote:

Jimmie D wrote:
Back in the 70s a friend and I put up a rhombic antenna in a pecan
orchard
on 11M. If I remember correctly each leg was about 8 wl long.

Isn't that an illegal antenna on 11m? :-)

Not back in the 70's........

I didnt think it was either. We belonged to a club back then that stressed
playing by the rules. As a result of this there were a lot of people playing
with antennas.

I did witness an intersting phenomenom with this antenna. The beam of the
antenna was nearly perpendicular to I-75 and sometimes we could hear
truckers as they passed though the main lobe. Over a period of time we were
able to deduce that the area of reception was only about a mile wide at this
point.
Jimmie