Old December 30th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default [Off Topic] QRA? QCX?

Thanks for the tip...I'll check it out!

Scott
N0EDV

Bryan wrote:

Scott wrote:

Can I have both? Well, around here (the Chippewa Valley area) in
WI we all use horizontal on all bands from 6M and up. Actually, I was
just thinking about an Alford slot in the mobile since it is supposedly
fairly omnidirectional and horizontally polarized. Seemed it might be
OK for driving around and listening for my beacon or maybe an operator
or two if they also were using an omni horizontal antenna. There are
several of us on 902 within about 15 miles of each other...

I'll check out the inverted F on the website you cite. I'm guessing it
will be similar to the innards of blade antennas made for the VHF/UHF
aviation bands...

Scott
N0EDV

Scott,

You can have simultaneous H & V polarization. FM broadcast antennas
usually produce both, because they transmit to both home stations that use
horizontal-polarized antennas, and automobiles that have vertical-polarized
antennas. For an omni pattern, they'll have either two sets of elements
(H+V), or a combined horizontal loop + vertical radiator. Dielectric
Communications (http://www.dielectric.com/broadcast/fm.asp) offers the both
types.

Bryan WA7PRC

Old January 1st 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default QRA? QCX?

Dear don Bill.

I think you are being a little hard with me. I am a Ham Radio like you,
and I think I don't be a bad or unpolite Ham, most of my time I am
writing technical topics for our community (you may see it in:
www.solred.com.ar/lu6etj).
All forums I know have a little space for OT questions (I am a
moderator of a couple spanish language ham forums).

I intend qualified my post with an [Off Topic] header, perhaps an error
of me make me don't put it that header, but I am pretty sure that I was
made it. .

This forum have very messages about political OT issues about your
country or CW issues and most of readers are tolerant about it, because
of that, I do not understand your special angry to my simple question.

I am very sorry for my failure I thought I was in a very friendly
place. I hope the rest of colleagues and readers donīt feel angry with
me, I am not perfect but I trying to be a littrle better man, day to
day...

Best regards and happy new years for all.

Miguel Ghezzi (LU 6ETJ)

PS: My translation can be bad PSE do see a "good wave" commentary in my
writing :)

Bill Turner ha escrito:

Please folks, do not reply to these posts which have nothing to do
with the purpose of this newsgroup.

If these people never get any replies, they will eventually learn to
post to the correct newsgroup.

Thanks,

Bill, W6WRT