Old January 4th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Discussion points on a long term Prognosis for AMATEUR RADIO

Stefan Wolfe wrote:
"Jimmie D" wrote in message
. ..

I doubt if the FCC cares about what we do inside our allocations. It is my
opinion that if we want to keep our bandwidth we must remain a self
policing group. The last thing we want is for the FCC to ever have to
clean our house, I am afraid they would do it with a bulldozer.

Right. Just like they cleaned up the 11 meter band. FCC is powerless against
people who choose not to obey them. True, they can pick-off offenders one at
a time. But as with CB, they would be powerless against an installed base of
operators who wish to transmit. Any interest group that obtained todays
amateur allocations would be subjected to massive interference by illegal
operators rendering their resource financially useless. And how would you
expect the USA FCC to "clean up" the CEPT countries? Or South America? Or
Canada? Japan? China? etc..

Yanno, why does the 11 meter band need "cleaned up?" I kinda like it
the way it exists. Reminds me of a "Mad Max Movie", I just end up
wondering when Mel is gonna show up?

Regards,
JS
Old January 4th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"John Smith I" wrote in message
Stefan Wolfe wrote:
"Jimmie D" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

11m does not need to be cleaned up. It is what it is. One might say say the
the 11m operators are similar to ham radio pre-FCC. With their huge
installed base they cannot be cleaned up. For the licensed amateur bands of
the future, it is simply a matter of how much regulation this group will
accept from FCC's Riley et al,. Actually 11m have formed their own self
policing faction being far more mature than many of our own 20m classes,
even if "illegal" by technicality.

Old January 4th 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Stefan Wolfe" wrote in message

"John Smith I" wrote in message
Stefan Wolfe wrote:
"Jimmie D" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

This is very true, Ok with most cbers if you use a kw or more but abusive
language, keying, lot of splatter will get your coax cut in the middle of
the night. Where I live CB activity is pretty clean but I do know there are
those who use EXCESSIVE POWER.