Old January 25th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Yagi question

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
news
How about a 7dB 2M Yagi for $7 -- less if you have some PVC and Welding

Rods

See ARRL Article at URL:
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/9304054.pdf

73 - CL

Interesting article. Where (what) is the matching device? I must have
missed it.

HankG

"Nelson Blaha" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm looking to build a 2m yagi, but I haven't got any money. Can I
make one out of aluminum coat hangers? I also have a 4-foot section of
1" PVC pipe laying around, and glue, tools etc.

Nelson Blaha
Call-sign in the mail

Old January 25th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

HankG wrote:
"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
news
How about a 7dB 2M Yagi for $7 -- less if you have some PVC and Welding

Rods

See ARRL Article at URL:
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/9304054.pdf

73 - CL

Interesting article. Where (what) is the matching device? I must have
missed it.

HankG

Wire clamps on the ends of the driven element that allow you to adjust
the length of the D-E for minimum SWR. See Fig. 1 and page 2, bottom of
column one.

roups.com...

Old January 25th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

here are two links for you to get you on the air fast
and 'on the cheap' ! (but are not Yagi design)

both of these can use copper wire you may already have,
or find in the recycle or trash pile.

half square for 2m (not a yagi but fast and cheap to build direct fed no
match)

http://www.cebik.com/vhf/hs.html

Moxon for 2m (again, not the yagi)

http://www.cebik.com/moxon/moxbld.html

similar gain as a 2 element yagi but takes up less space
and it is direct coax fed so no matching needed !

good luck with the project !

james (also used when making reservations)
Old January 27th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 20 Jan 2007 18:57:00 -0800, "Nelson Blaha"
wrotF:

I'm looking to build a 2m yagi, but I haven't got any money. Can I
make one out of aluminum coat hangers? I also have a 4-foot section of
1" PVC pipe laying around, and glue, tools etc.

Nelson Blaha
Call-sign in the mail

Here is another Cebik design.
http://www.cebik.com/vhf/32m.html
Wide band 6 element 2M Yagi. I built one using a fiberglass electric
fence post for a boom and 1/8" brass rod for the elements. Works good
for the price.

Mike kc9doa

Homemade 440 yagi question Bart Antenna 4 August 8th 06 12:23 PM
Yagi Stacking question DaveC Antenna 4 August 27th 05 10:43 PM
20m 5el Yagi Question: Gain vs Height Ken Bessler Antenna 3 July 14th 05 03:57 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] Antenna 0 April 25th 05 03:43 AM
Quad vs Yagi (or log) Thierry Antenna 23 February 18th 04 08:38 PM