Old January 25th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default HT 2 meter antenna

"Jimmie D" wrote in message

snip

There are a lot of alternatives betwenn the rubber duck and yagi antenna.

He's right. I made my first FD contacts on 2M using a TV-twinlead J-pole in
a length of PVC pipe. Worked one contact over 100 miles with my 5 watt
Yaesu FT-530 very near ground level. (Yes, the other end had a beam.)

The TV-twinlead J-pole is a bit tricky to build. I much prefer using copper
water pipe, but I made one of twinlead since that first FD. Twinlead's big
advantage: it rolls up and fits in your pocket, as there is no ground
plane. With a simple plastic loop at the top, it can be hoisted aloft with
kite string or hung by a stray nail on Uncle Hank's porch roof, etc. Rigid,
permanent mounting is always optional but never required.

Plus, it gets them ol' RFs away from yor haid.

Old January 25th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

hi joe

this will fit in a suitcase if you use stranded copper #14 thhn
wire to build it. use sched 20 pvc (don't solvent weld it) so you
can just slip it together for use with short coax to the ht.

the half square for 2m nice gain but it is directional.

http://www.cebik.com/vhf/hs.html

73 james

Loop Antennas / minijack works-clips don't / impedence?? [email protected] Shortwave 14 August 23rd 06 04:07 AM
Outside Antenna Rikk Shortwave 25 March 6th 06 06:53 PM
Passive Repeater Bryan Martin Antenna 13 February 10th 06 02:03 PM
ABOUT - Making a SWL Antenna out of 300 Ohm Twin Lead and TV Coax Cable RHF Shortwave 0 October 28th 05 12:22 PM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 03:01 PM