Old January 28th 04, 11:21 PM
Volker Kerkhoff

Default Quick one on G5RV (again)

Hi,

Just to confirm an answer I got elsewhere, if I mount a G5RV as a
quadrant, it will normally not effect antenna behavior save a change
of the directional pattern, having two main lobes in the middle of the
legs of the "L" (when seen from top) and exactly opposite. I am aware
I am going to need a transmatch for this type of antenna anyways, but
my neighbors will possibly happier with some wire dipole on the roof
than with a vertical, or a mast / tower with yagis. Besides, it looks
less harrassing to them, in view of al the electro-smog paranoia
around in Spain lately...

Thanks in advance,

Volker (Soon to be EC3/EB3)

Stupid question G5RV Ken Bessler Antenna 17 January 9th 04 12:06 PM
Is this ok for a g5rv installation?? FEo2 Welder Antenna 1 January 7th 04 01:06 AM
G5RV on 160m. Where goes the signal ? Thierry Antenna 17 October 30th 03 02:50 PM
Tuning Twinlead Fed G5RV Brock Antenna 7 October 20th 03 11:23 PM
G5RV 450 ohm or 300 ohm Phasing line Andy Antenna 2 August 15th 03 02:10 AM