Old August 12th 03, 11:24 PM
Andy

Default G5RV 450 ohm or 300 ohm Phasing line

Hi all

If I choose G5RV Half or full size antenna what is the best phasing line to
use and why 450 ohm or 300 ohm. I will be using a internal ATU on my
transiever.

If I go for the full size G5RV I will have to use the first 66 feet straight
harizontal up at 30 feet and the last 36 feet at a right angle sloping at 45
degrees, will this work ok?

Thanks

Andy

Old August 14th 03, 02:14 PM
Jim Leder

Been using a full sized, coax fed G5RV here for 7 years to a Kenwood
TS450sat (auto antenna tuner) with no problems. Tuner tunes antenna
with no problem, and while I consider the G5RV a compromise antenna,
it works well enough.
Old August 15th 03, 02:10 AM
Bob Miller

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:05:13 +0100, "Andy"
wrote:

Thanks Mark for your reply.
It was on the MoonRaker web site http://www.moonrakerukltd.com they called
it a phasing line on there G5RV.

For better info on the g5rv, from the guy who designed it, see:

http://www.qsl.net/aa3px/g5rv.htm

Bob
k5qwg