Old February 17th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Freq Wavelength Question.

art wrote:
when I was young I went to the tool room in East London and asked
for 1 inch round by 6 foot and I was admonished up and down dale for
using the measurement inches.

Did you remind them that the inch was based on
the length of a thumb joint of an *ENGLISH* King?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old February 18th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

So what does this translate to , in Fathoms per
milleniam ? (something akin to exponetional light
years??)

Richard Clark wrote:
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:27:19 -0800, Richard Clark
wrote:

1.8x10^14 Furlongs

actually
1.8x10^12 Furlongs per fortnight

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Old February 18th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 17 Feb, 14:58, Cecil Moore wrote:
art wrote:
when I was young I went to the tool room in East London and asked
for 1 inch round by 6 foot and I was admonished up and down dale for
using the measurement inches.

Did you remind them that the inch was based on
the length of a thumb joint of an *ENGLISH* King?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Yup, that is what is on the wall i.e. a foot, a yard e.t.c so that
when there is a dispute in commerce one then goes to the wall and
compare to the standard. As for the King it may have been Henry the
Eight since he liked to hunt on the north (other )side of the river
which was called The Isle Of Dogs but now it is probably named Canary
wharf or something like that.Anne Boleyn lived a couple of miles away
so maybe that is how she met the King. The observatory which is along
side the meridian line at Greenwich was abandoned when London was
electrified which thus disturbed the heavens.
It was also at the northside of the river of this point that most of
the prisoners/convicts left for America to serve their sentences .
After the revolution the prisoners/convicts had to go to Australia to
serve their sentences. After a few years they had to scour the prisons
for women to send to Australia so the men became settlers.So Cecil you
could easily be an Aussie if your ancesters timed things right or you
may not be even around if you were related to Cardinal Moore but don't
lose your head over it like he did.
Art