Old March 3rd 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default J-pole 144/432

Hallo
Wanted schematic for construction one antenna J-pole 144/432, please
send me information
if pubblicated on magazine or other or commercial manufact.
Tnx Frank

my e_mail .

Old March 5th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Search on the term COPPER CACTUS and you will find several sites with
J-Pole antennas made of copper water pipe that will work on both bands.
I have one and used it quite successfully just sticking its extended
lower end into the front yard...

Scott

Old March 6th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 3 Mar 2007 12:26:10 -0800, "Radio Vintage"
wrote:

Hallo
Wanted schematic for construction one antenna J-pole 144/432, please
send me information
if pubblicated on magazine or other or commercial manufact.
Tnx Frank

my e_mail .

If you have access to QST, the latest March 2007 issue has a nice
article on a dual-band J-pole.

bob
k5qwg
Old March 6th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Scott" wrote in message
Search on the term COPPER CACTUS and you will find several sites with
J-Pole antennas made of copper water pipe that will work on both bands.
I have one and used it quite successfully just sticking its extended
lower end into the front yard...

Scott

Yes. The copper cactus cleverly combines separate antennas for each band on
the same structure. However, if your needs for 440 are modest -- local
repeaters, mostly -- then just make a 2m version and you will find it is
also a good match on 440.

The limitation is that that a 2m J-pole on 440 has an elevated main lobe.
It works well for me, but probably not as well as elements specifically cut
for 440 would work.

Old August 14th 07, 04:22 AM
Junior Member

Location: I live in Narre Warren near Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Vintage View Post
Hallo
Wanted schematic for construction one antenna J-pole 144/432, please
send me information
if pubblicated on magazine or other or commercial manufact.
Tnx Frank

my e_mail .
This might be a bit late, but you can make a copy of the Arroa Antenna 2/70 jpole. Go here ...http://www.arrowantennas.com/j-pole.html

and all should be explained. I have made 3 of these using aluminium tubing rather than solid aluminium and they work quite well.

good luck

Mike VK3XL

J Pole [email protected] Antenna 4 July 16th 05 01:25 PM
J Pole for 40 Richard Antenna 2 September 20th 04 09:12 PM
J pole Richard Antenna 12 June 4th 04 03:54 PM
which J-Pole? Dave Platt Antenna 3 March 5th 04 08:13 PM
6m J pole Barry Antenna 4 July 14th 03 08:04 AM