Old March 15th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Efficiency

It is oftimes said that parasitic elements of a yagi absorb
radiatiation
and then reradiate half of what it received. Is this meaning that it
only absorbs half of the radiation applied in its direction and where
it
then reradiates 100% of its radiation? It apears to be a simple
question
depending how one looks at it in terms of efficiency which could mean
anything.
Now in my unreleased Gaussian antenna array there is no interaction
with respect to radiation as radiation cannot occur outside until the
enclosed border is breached.
On the face of it one then can assume that a yagi is not really
efficient depending how one uses terms that have a special definition
because of absorbed radiation.
Thoughts! Auguments!. Trashing, or what ever trips your trigger.
Just when you thought that Gaussian arrays would go away a thing like
this comes along,
go figure. ( Don't forget Pointings vector and what it implies.grin)
Art

Old March 15th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"art" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

what prevents me from drawing an imaginary Gaussian boundary around my yagi?

Old March 15th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 15 Mar, 14:47, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

what prevents me from drawing an imaginary Gaussian boundary around my yagi?- Hide quoted text -

A yagi cannot be in equilibrium because of parasitic elements.
A simple dipole can be in equilibrium and can be placed inside
an arbitary border.
Art

Old March 15th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"art" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 15 Mar, 14:47, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

ok, take each parasitic element on the yagi, break it in the middle to turn
it into a 'dipole', add a voltage source set at 0v to drive it. now draw
your imaginary boundary. i have satisfied your requirements, now why is my
multi-dipole array not a gaussian array by your definition??

Old March 16th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 15 Mar, 15:29, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 15 Mar, 14:47, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

multi-dipole array not a gaussian array by your definition??- Hide quoted text -

Then your definitionor or my definition is incorrect. Remember at the
cessation of time all movement of flux stops for the Gaussian logic to
be sustained. I would venture that if the "Q" of the resident dipoles
were varied then varience in polarity continues the movement of flux
after the cessacition of time.
Art

Old March 16th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:47:31 GMT, "Dave" wrote:

what prevents me from drawing an imaginary Gaussian boundary around my yagi?

It might violate the monopoly rights of patent pending!
Old March 16th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mar 15, 7:12 pm, "art" wrote:
On 15 Mar, 15:29, "Dave" wrote:

"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 15 Mar, 14:47, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

Art- Hide quoted text -

Art said "Remember at the
cessation of time all movement of flux stops.

When is this going to happen. If it is anytime soon I need to
seriously re-evaluate my retirement plans.((:))==

Jimmie

Old March 16th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 15 Mar, 15:29, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 15 Mar, 14:47, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

David,
You are obviously an immigrant to the U.K., Nigeria perhaps!
I see you have made over 116,000 posts just on usenet and that is just
counting one server, all in the search of a fight and goodness knows
how many aliases you have used every day.
How about providing one of your many amateur calls?
As far as your questions, you had every chance to discuss your
problems with MIT but you ran for cover. Tom Donaly stayed and
resolved his issue so why not direct your problem with the Gaussian
law of STATICS with him., he appears knoweledgable enough,
Whether he wants to fight with you is a different matter, you may have
to go back to the Quilt making newsgroup to find your equal
in statue.
Art

Old March 16th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 15 Mar, 17:02, "JIMMIE" wrote:
On Mar 15, 7:12 pm, "art" wrote:

On 15 Mar, 15:29, "Dave" wrote:

"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 15 Mar, 14:47, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

Jimmie- Hide quoted text -

Jimmie you can't consider retirement if you are already brain dead
Art

Old March 16th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave wrote:

what prevents me from drawing an imaginary Gaussian boundary around my yagi?

No one to enforce the borders? And, then "illegals" creep in? grin

JS
--
http://assemblywizard.tekcities.com

Measuring Antenna Efficiency Wayne Antenna 53 April 29th 07 06:30 PM
Yagi efficiency art Antenna 128 December 5th 06 01:00 AM
Yagi efficiency art Antenna 117 October 5th 06 04:37 PM
Yagi efficiency Harold E. Johnson Antenna 0 September 26th 06 07:24 PM
160 metre efficiency Art Unwin KB9MZ Antenna 8 December 5th 03 06:37 PM