Old April 4th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Some thoughts relevant to measuring Tx eq src impedance

K7ITM wrote:
If your goal "is to understand the nature of the source starting with
the simplest one," why would you add resistors you don't need and make
it more complicated than the simplest one?

There is no simpler amplifier than a single transistor
with a resistor in the collector circuit. That's the one
everyone starts out with in Electronics 101. Replacing
the collector resistor with an RF choke is a complication
that comes later.

Rather, I see a suggestion that the
source impedance does not necessarily have to be equal to any
particular value, and in the general case does not have to be equal to
the conjugate of the design load impedance.

I agree 100% and have said so in the past. If a source
delivers 70.7 volts to a 50 ohm load, the source impedance
doesn't matter except for efficiency.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com