Old February 3rd 04, 03:39 PM
Richard

Default Radio Shack's FM turstile antenna [150-1639 or 15-1639]

Hi. Does Radioshack still manufacture Part No. 150-1639 or 15-1639, which
is an FM turnstile antenna? Looks unlikely to me.

http://support.radioshack.com/support_video/15785.htm

[Crossposted, but all replies/followups will go to alt.radio.broadcasting]

Old February 5th 04, 12:30 AM
Eric K. Weber

Greetings:

Radio Shack's antennas were manufactured by Winegard.....

see :
http://www.winegard.com/offair/prost...myagi.htm#6000

Is this what you had in mind?

Rgds:
Eric

Old February 5th 04, 04:28 PM
Richard

Eric K. Weber wrote:
Greetings:

Radio Shack's antennas were manufactured by Winegard.....

see :
http://www.winegard.com/offair/prost...myagi.htm#6000

Is this what you had in mind?

Rgds:
Eric

Was Radioshacks offering a folded dipole arrangement?

Old February 6th 04, 04:12 AM
Howard

On 5 Feb 2004 16:28:10 GMT, "Richard"
wrote:

Eric K. Weber wrote:
Greetings:

Radio Shack's antennas were manufactured by Winegard.....

see :
http://www.winegard.com/offair/prost...myagi.htm#6000

Is this what you had in mind?

Rgds:
Eric

Was Radioshacks offering a folded dipole arrangement?

Yes, it was just as shown in the Winegard site. Installed one at a
friends mountain cabin and he went from no FM reception to being able
to receive 3. Might not sound great, but for a cabin nestled in the
hills and 75 miles from the nearest broadcaster that isn't too bad.

Old February 6th 04, 03:43 PM
Richard

news
wrote:

Eric K. Weber wrote:
Greetings:

Radio Shack's antennas were manufactured by Winegard.....

see :
http://www.winegard.com/offair/prost...myagi.htm#6000

Is this what you had in mind?

Rgds:
Eric

Was Radioshacks offering a folded dipole arrangement?

Yes, it was just as shown in the Winegard site. Installed one at a
friends mountain cabin and he went from no FM reception to being able
to receive 3. Might not sound great, but for a cabin nestled in the
hills and 75 miles from the nearest broadcaster that isn't too bad.

That's not a folded dipole actually by the looks of it. It's a hertz
dipole. The element on neither dipole folds into a narrow rectangular
shape.
ie

dipole _________X__________

folded dipole ________X_________
|__________________|

Old February 7th 04, 02:27 AM
Howard

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:43:51 -0000, "Richard"
wrote:

news
wrote:

Eric K. Weber wrote:
[...]

In the picture it's hard to see so I changed my screen resolution and
it looked like it may be folded. Having installed the RatShack model
I can positively say that was a folded dipole. Being that Winegard
makes the antennas RatShack sells I made a leap of faith that the
picture just didn't show that detail well.

In any case, for under $20 it's a good performing omni.
Old February 9th 04, 07:00 AM
gwhite

"Eric K. Weber" wrote:

Greetings:

Radio Shack's antennas were manufactured by Winegard.....

see :
http://www.winegard.com/offair/prost...myagi.htm#6000

Is this what you had in mind?

Since a yagi and turnstile are by definition not the same, no.

http://www.winegard.com/offair/pdf/pr-6010.pdf

Old February 10th 04, 03:33 AM
Cambio

My recollection of a turnstile antenna is two folded dipoles at 90 degrees
to each other.
See URL:
http://www.qsl.net/wb8erj/turnstile_antenna.htm

A search of radio shack catalog does not show one nor is it in the manual
lookup section
However there is a Lindsay turnstile at URL:
http://www.lindsayelec.com/fm88-108.html

Easily found by using Google -- the searchers friend

--
73- Cambio - Keyboard To You (:-)